Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Miss September!



In February, I worked on a project for Spin-Off Magazine. They asked readers to spin a 75-100 yard skein, knit a swatch in an original pattern, and submit it for consideration for their 2011 calendar. I spun marino top and dyed a portion of it with coffee. Then I created a stitch pattern I thought looked similar to the leaf design sometimes seen on lattes and knit it up. I took a picture of it with a coffee cup and my journal. A couple of weeks ago I was informed that my skein and swatch would be featured in the picture for September! I'm thrilled and can't wait to see how they stage the items for their photo. I guess that just goes to show that it pays to give something a try. Success is achievable!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I had no idea you were so talented! I love the leaf motif and the color - very organic.
    ~ Julie Hamm O'Brien

    ReplyDelete